Welcome to The Forge!



Welcome to The Forge! This page is all about God, our faith in Him, and finding our way back to the truths and principles found in His Word. As I'm sure many of you have noticed, the world is losing its mind. Sin is celebrated. Wrongs are viewed as right. What's right is out the window and seldom considered. Popularity is the driving force behind many actions. Being politically correct is the norm and anything else is just not acceptable. 

Well, none of that nonsense flies in The Forge. We are stronger than the pressures of the world around us. We are tougher than the pull of sin. We are called to rise above the fog of this hate-fueled judgment that the world is covered in. God didn't create us as timid little beings that need to be led around by our noses. He designed us to do better than simply go with the flow. No, He made us much different than that. He made us to be leaders, He created us to go against the grain, live outside the lines, and stand tall and hold firm to Him and His word regardless of what the world around us tells us to do. 

That's what The Forge is all about. It's about standing up for God. It's holding fast to the things that we know to be right. It's being willing to stand apart from the crowd to make a statement for Christ. It's about not being afraid, not conforming, not giving in or giving up on the faith that runs through our veins. We have all been Forged by Faith, and this page exists to help us always remember that. 

I started this little journey back in February of 2015 when I was challenged by a friend to post a Bible verse a day for 7 straight days. As of today, 6/6/2020, I am on day 1931. What began as a week long challenge has become a passion that I've carried on for over 5 years now. I want to share God's word and the healing hope and lasting peace that is found within those pages. I want to help those who are lost, hurting, confused, and searching for some kind of good to keep them going. So I've decided to branch out beyond Facebook and Instagram and actually start a full blown blog. I want to add new ideas like prayer requests, talking about things that are going on in our world, and building a more broad community. I believe that this platform will help me do just that. 

To be honest, I don't have the foggiest idea of what a blog really is or what I'm doing right now. This is all new to me, but the point is the same. I want to share God and the things that I've learned about this faith of ours over this Daily Bible Verse journey that started 5 years ago. So I welcome you to reach out, comment, share, just get engaged and help me build this into the amazing thing that I know it can be. I am always open to ideas and suggestions, again, this is a new learning opportunity! While I will be sharing my Daily Bible Verse posts, I also want this to become a community of people focused on growing our faith in a time that it is being tested every single day.

So again, Welcome to The Forge!

Comments

  1. Great post and love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a world of conflict, judgement, and a fear of consequences no matter the sincere action or reaction, this feels like a safe place. Currently, I’m working for a religious organization but there are so many rules and red tape, determining every step you take. I’m excited to just break down the barriers. Be a part of the body of Christ with anyone that just want to grow together in our walk in Faith. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree, we've traded faith for religion and ended up with a bunch of rules and not much focus on building relationships with our Savior. I'm truly glad that you're here, and I cannot thank you enough for the support!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2016 of the 7 day Bible verse challenge.

Day 2018 of the 7 day Bible verse challenge.

Day 3362 of the 7 day Bible verse challenge.