Day 2000 of the 7 day Bible verse challenge.


1 Corinthians 15:58 NIV

Day 2000! It's pretty hard to believe that I've been doing this daily Bible verse thing for nearly 5 1/2 years! 2000 days straight, definitely not something I ever started to consider when my friend sent me this little challenge, but I'm truly thankful. I'm honored and humbled at the idea that maybe God's been able to use these posts in some way. That's exactly what keeps me going, and will keep me posting these posts every single day.

I've learned so much more than I ever could have imagined learning. And that's one of those exciting things that really gets me pumped up. I know that I still have so much to learn and I can't wait to see where this can go. I can't wait to see how God continues to move in my life and gives me stories and ideas to share with you guys. And I truly hope that someone out there manages to get something good out of this challenge that's become a part of my daily life.

You know, I can't think of too many other things that I've done every single day, without fail, for 5+ years. I've been kind of looking back and thinking about how I got here to post 2000. There's been days where I didn't know what to say or talk about. There have been posts that I've had to type on my phone because our internet was out. There have been posts written up and shared from inside hospital rooms worrying about loved ones.

There have been days where I've felt completely unworthy and too inadequate to post anything because I'd messed up and done things I shouldn't have done. I've probably gotten plenty wrong and made more than my fair share of mistakes. I've probably taken verses out of context (I know a lot of religious folk really hate that!). I've probably misspelled tons of words and written a bunch of things that didn't make sense. But it's all just a part of this journey that God has opened up and allowed me to take.

Just the other day I talked about how our faith isn't about perfection but about growth. It's not getting everything right and spelling every word spot on. It's not knowing what to say all the time or having everything in order. It's a journey, a process. It's a non-stop chance to learn and grow in ways that we never know that we need. It's a chance to stand on something far more firm and reliable than our abilities and understanding. It's one of the most incredible and eye-opening changes that everyone gets to experience when you finally choose to give God a chance.

Like I talked about above, it hasn't always been easy or smooth. There have been days where I felt sick and couldn't find any kind of uplifting messages or ideas to share. But through all of those ups and downs, God has been there helping me to keep going. And that fact is the exact same for every single one of us. No matter what we're doing, if we're doing it for God, then He's there helping us. He really is able to do amazing things through us when we let Him. And if we let Him, then you can be sure that nothing is going to stop us.

That's exactly what this verse is teaching us. When we fully give ourselves to God, then we're going to do amazing things. Anything that we do for Him, in His name, for His kingdom is a truly good thing. And folks, our world seriously needs good. Now as much as ever, only probably even more going forward. You and I have the chance to be the good. We each have the opportunity to share God's love and kindness with a world that needs it.

We might not be perfect. We definitely won't always know what to say or have the answers that everyone is looking for. We won't always feel worthy or smart enough to do the task He's leading us to do. But He's with us. He's always with us. And He will always keep us going because the work He needs us to do is far too important to just quit. So He won't let anything or anyone shake us and send us running. He won't send us into a challenge without giving us what we need to get through it. As the verse says, our labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Friends, we really can have an impact that means something. Not because we're all perfect examples of faith. But because God is ready and willing to work through us if we just let Him take over. So please let Him use you. Let Him do the world-changing things through you that He has planned. Let Him lead you where He needs you because that's where we can make a difference. And don't let your doubts or worries or weaknesses convince you that you can't.

We have to keep fighting the good fight of faith. It won't always be easy, and we're going to make mistakes. But it's about more than us. It's about sharing the ultimate source of everything good with the world around us. So keep fighting my friends. Keep shining brightly for God. Keep following His lead. And keep trusting that He is doing amazing things. Again, He's always right there with us, so failure just isn't possible!

And I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that has read, commented, shared, prayed, or anything else these past 2000 days. Your support is amazing, and I truly hope that you've managed to get something good out of these posts. So thank you for being along with me for these 5 1/2 years. We're just getting started! And to God be every ounce of the glory!!

Comments

  1. Congratulations. Keep up the posts and the keep fighting the good fight. Thank you for doing these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! And thank you for reading, commenting, sharing, and supporting literally every single one of them so far!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2016 of the 7 day Bible verse challenge.

Day 2018 of the 7 day Bible verse challenge.

Day 3362 of the 7 day Bible verse challenge.