Day 2026 of the 7 day Bible verse challenge.


Proverbs 13:20 NIV

Leading by example is one of those messages that always seems to be on my mind. I guess I just feel this deep calling to be a good person and help encourage others to do the same. I lived a long time just going with the flow and fitting in wherever others wanted me to be. So I've learned the hard way that fitting in just isn't good enough, and I reckon I feel the need to do something different now.

I was in the midst an awesome leg day earlier and I just thought about how great my family is. You know I used to have a ton of friends. Used to have all kinds of people to talk to, but that's not the case anymore. My family has become the rock that I think they we're always meant to be. But I've been thinking a lot about how inspirational they are.

They've been through a lot recently. And I know that all of you can say the same thing about people in your life. Those people who face all kinds of things but somehow manage to do with it a smile. I've come to discover that some of God's greatest blessings are the people that He puts in our lives to help make us who we're meant to be. That's why it's so important to surround ourselves with good people who inspire us to be the best we can be.

Whether it's friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, or someone else, we need to spend time with the ones who make us better. We can be completely focused on leading by example, but if we don't have others who are living the same way, then it's just going to make it even harder to be that good example that we hope to be.

Our relationships either build us up or pull us down. They either inspire us or they limit us. They can make us stronger or they can ruin us. So be careful. And be thankful. Be thankful that God sees fit to put those amazing people around us to make us better. Be thankful that He gives us people who live good lives that inspire us to step it up and do better ourselves.

As this verse teaches us, we become direct reflections of the people around us. Don't just choose your relationships based on who is popular, funny, wealthy, important, or anything else like that. Spend your time with the ones that are interested in making you better and you will grow because of it. Surround yourself with good people, and be a good person yourself. That's how it's supposed to be. Let's push each other and all be the best we can be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2016 of the 7 day Bible verse challenge.

Day 2018 of the 7 day Bible verse challenge.

Day 3362 of the 7 day Bible verse challenge.