Day 2040 of the 7 day Bible verse challenge.


1 John 3:1 NIV

To know Him and make Him known. I've heard that quite a few times over the years. Never really thought it would become my focus in life. But this has seriously been on my heart and mind lately, and so why not share it? As I've talked about a little here recently, I've just felt this change in my life and I honestly couldn't be more excited about it!

I've spent the majority of my 32 years on this earth pretty much focused on myself. Chased so many things I thought I needed or wanted. Worried mostly about the things going on in my own life. Spent my days trying to make myself look good or feel important according to the ways of this place. Completely distracted, completely selfish, and completely lost.

Guess that's why I'm so excited about this change that I've felt lately. It's like this fire's been lit inside to try as hard as I can to share Christ with the world. I reckon I've just been looking around at the moral and ethical collapse of our society and I want people to know that there's hope. There's truly something better and I have absolutely no doubt that our world needs Christ more than ever before.

The thought that there's someone somewhere who doesn't know about Jesus is heartbreaking. The idea that someone may not know anything about the Bible, faith, prayer, salvation, forgiveness, and the life-changing power of all the above is not acceptable. The fact is that we are all children of God! Redeemed through faith, forgiven through Christ, and set free through the repentance of our sins that were nailed to a cross a long time ago. That's a message that the whole world needs to hear.

We're hearing so many other messages right now. Most of them filled with anger, hatred, division, and this dark push for violence and civil unrest. We can't let those be the only messages that are there to be heard. We can't just accept defeat and allow the darkness to beat us into hiding in the corner and just hoping they leave us alone. We're called to be better than that, and the time is now for us to share our faith as loudly and as broadly as possible.

This whole new direction and way of thinking differently doesn't really jive with the priorities of our society. A lot of people won't like it or understand it. We may never be well-known, widely accepted, or leave a mark that lets those after us remember we were here. I'm cool with all that! 32 years have been about me. However many I've got left are all for Him! To know Him and make Him known!

Comments

  1. Very good post and what a difference our lives make when we do not live them for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, and thank you! It really is amazing how it all just sort of opens up when we stop limiting ourselves to ourselves.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2016 of the 7 day Bible verse challenge.

Day 2018 of the 7 day Bible verse challenge.

Day 3362 of the 7 day Bible verse challenge.