Day 2139 of the 7 day Bible verse challenge.


Deuteronomy 1:31 NIV

We've made it. Worn, weary, scared, and more than ready to move on, but we've made it. For many of us this past year will serve as a memory of just how wrong life can go sometimes. It will live in our minds as this time when life changed in many ways. But it should also be remembered as a perfect example of how faithful God really is. He got us through this and we shouldn't forget that!

I've spent the past couple of days looking back and thinking about some of the things that we've seen and faced this year. It's hard to put into words everything we've felt these past months. It's hard to wrap our minds around everything that's happened. Like I said this past year has changed things for many people. And to be honest that may be a very good thing!

For me personally I look back and see all the times that God kept me going when everything was seeming to crash in on me. I see all the moments that He took my hand and led me through the uncertainty of change and discomfort. I see the healing that He brought in many areas of my life. I see doors that He opened that have given me the chance to walk away from things I've always wanted to be free from.

I see how He manages to make us stronger through life's trials. I see how He leads us closer to Himself by taking us through valleys. I see how He carries us when we don't have the strength or ability to keep going. I see how He can bring the most crazy and chaotic times together for good. Most of all I see just how good He is and how much we can trust in the plans that He has.

It's definitely safe to say that this year has felt like going through a wilderness in life. But the main thing to take away is that God has gotten us through it. He has gotten us through to today, and if He's willing He will open our eyes to a new year tomorrow. Friends we can always count on God even when life sucks and makes no sense. No matter what we face, how we feel, how badly we mess up, or how uncomfortable times may become, God is and will always be good!

No matter what 2021 has in store know that God will make you better through it. It might not be fun. May not be comfortable or easy. But if it is His will and His plans then you can always trust that it is for your good. I'm personally walking into 2021 with more humility than I've ever had because I know that God is in control and will lead me through whatever lies ahead if I just follow Him. I truly hope that this next year is better for everyone. And I promise that if we focus on following God through it, it definitely will be!

Happy New Year my friends!

Comments

  1. Thank you for a year of Bible verses, thoughts and prayers. Good verse to fully understand what we have experienced. Trust in God and walk with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and supporting all along the way. Hope this new year is our best yet!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1996 of the 7 day Bible verse challenge.

Day 2317 of the 7 day Bible verse challenge.

Welcome to The Forge!